Project Management Log
- Website: https://www.dexbot.info
- DEXBot Workflow: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s6M1QYTLV_4oCswPGiHSHKsnwM6N4bDMn_mEA6aPG2Y/edit#gid=402124921
- Budget: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XPTGlHe6Xiw2xii9QQ-RWgS55oTEWerAXwMPEsgTbe0/edit#gid=03
- GitHub: https://github.com/Codaone/DEXBot/
(Newest Entry first, going back in time down the article)
77,000bitCNY in Reserves
23,000bitCNY in agreed-but-unpaid expenses
18,000bitCNY in pocket
Vesting bts is being claimed most days and orders to sell bts for bitCNY occur most days too.
- To async or not to async? Is in discussion in the Cabinet. Async would make dexbot faster at processing its calculations. But how much speed does DEXBot need? I would say async development is looking likely, but not final.
- If async development is decided, the next week will be spent bug fixing and accumulating bitCNY to have funds-in-hand to pay for async development. No work will be commissioned until the funds are already held on account in bitCNY – and a 2 week’s expenses reserves will always be kept wherever possible. DEXBot pays its debts.
- Workflow procedure to include a development branch and a master branch
- Bug fixing sprint 1 is going well. 9 issues in progress, 4 already complete.
- 7 small PRs are ready for a merge to development branch next week.
- A draft of the New Contributor Guide written by octo is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GlK5seTC8SANJ9kvkQbipby880yHWzuEGX5EhOA-zU4/edit
- More bug fixing is due to be scheduled for next week
- Potential to commission a Technical Specifications document to implement async with DEXBot
- Strategy R&D is in progress
- New feature in advanced planning stages. A +1 satoshi bot feature to always be first in the orderbook queue.
- Article explaining the multisignature security and Worker Proposal system behind the DEXBot project is being written.
- Twitter influencers are being identified
- DEXBot now has a steemit account: https://steemit.com/@dexbot
Since Cabinet-multisig-DEXBot-WP2 was voted in on the 9th of January 2019 we have been accumulating bts into the account and periodically selling for bitCNY.
As of 03.02.19 the DEXBot funding account has:
BTS Awaiting Sale: 47,155 bts (expected to sell for >10,000CNY)
CNY: 86,600CNY (worth ~$12,000)
The Lead Developer @Octomatic and Supporting Developer @Vvk123 have been paid their monthly retainers in return for being regularly available to answer questions in a private Telegram room among invited potential contributor-developers. Please post in the t.me/DEXBotbts telegram room if you’d like an invite.
Note: Neither Octomatic nor Vvk are paid or obligated to answer questions outside of the invite-only channel.
Although if they or anyone else chooses to help out new users in the t.me/DEXBotbts telegram room there is $240 per month in the budget available to reward helpers for a few hours at $15/hr.
Upcoming this week:
- Bug Fixes are due to start – with some due to be completed this week.
- A “Contributor Guidance Document” is being written in order to inform potential new DEXBot contributor-developers on what they need to know.
- A tentative release is planned in the next 2-4 weeks.
- Bounty Negotiations with a promising first-time new DEXBot contributor.
- Template Guideline for a simple DEXBot feature “UpOneSatoshi” that adds liquidity at the edge of the spread – by beating the current highest bid/lowest spread by 1 satoshi. In order to place a trade in poll position on the orderbook.
A trader who wants to make a one-way trade ASAP (but not necessarily immediately) might use this feature to save a little % by not taking the offer off the book.
- A Second DEXBot Community Survey DRAFT is advancing through the planning stages.
DEXBot WP2 Commences
The BitShares Network commissioned us to continue in mid-January as the DEXBot project earned the 300,000,000+ bts votes required in order to receive funding from the BitShares Network Reserves. The reserves at time of writing are worth ~$30 million – bts token holders approved to spend $24,800 per month on DEXBot development.